Ph.D. Student in ECE
B.S. Information and Communication Engineering
M.S. Information and Communication Engineering
Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology (DGIST), South Korea
- Deep learning in ultrasound imaging
- Super-resolution imaging
Ms. YiRang Shin obtained her B.S. and M.S. degree in Information and Communication Engineering from the Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology (DGIST), South Korea. She then moved on to become a Researcher at Yonsei University College of Medicine. Ms. Shin has a research background in deep learning, medical image reconstruction and analysis, and dynamic systems and control. She has published 4 peer-reviewed journal articles as first author in prominent journals including Radiology: Artificial Intelligence, and JAMA Network Open. She has delivered oral presentations at the RSNA and she is the co-inventor of two Korean patent applications.
Selected Journal Articles
- Shin YR, Lowerison MR, Dong Z, Chen X, You Q, Wang Y, Anastasio MA, Song P*, “Context-Aware Deep Learning Enables High-Efficacy Localization of High Concentration Microbubbles for Super-resolution Ultrasound Localization Microscopy,” preprint on bioRxiv.
- Shin Y, Kim S, Lee YH. AI musculoskeletal clinical applications: how can AI increase my day-to-day efficiency? Skeletal Radiol. 2022;51(2):293-304.
- Shin Y, Yang J, Lee YH. Deep Generative Adversarial Networks: Applications in Musculoskeletal Imaging. Radiology: Artificial Intelligence. 2021;3(3):e200157.
- Shin Y, Han K, Lee YH. Temporal Trends in Cervical Spine Curvature of South Korean Adults Assessed by Deep Learning System Segmentation, 2006-2018. JAMA Network Open. 2020;3(10):e2020961-e.
- Shin Y, Yang J, Lee YH, Kim S. Artificial intelligence in musculoskeletal ultrasound imaging. Ultrasonography. 2021;40(1):30-44.